

The large Oak tree in the middle of the lawn in front of the lodge. This was the main hang out during the hot part of the day. It's amazing as to how much cooler it was to sit under there.

The pasture on Chamberlin's Ranch. Beautiful!


River crossing


This sandstone looked like a dinosaur's skull. Very cool looking.

Lots of arches broken out of the canyon walls as well.


There were also plenty of log jams to have to climb over. Some were almost a little TOO hard to get over..hehehee! I recall getting my shorts hung up on one and then falling into the water climbing over another one.


Looking up in The Narrows


All smiles!


Looking down over the waterfalls. We guessed they were close to 20' tall.

Megan posing.

Walter's Wiggles. The view looking down at Chris and I. We saw so many pictures of this part of the trail and were really worried about it... it ended up being the Not So Bad part of the trail. Kind of.

Skipping around.... here's the top of the West Rim
Hiking around through the brush

The little spring at the top of the trail. They say that you need to filter the water before you drink it...they aren't kidding. I heard that you had to move all the bug larvae and algea out of the way to get the water out.
The scary cliff trail on the way down the rim.... doesn't look as bad here, but hiking down it, you just see the side of the trail and no slant.
A different view of Walter's Wiggles..... see why they looked pretty scary? ; )
You see Walter's Wiggles making it's way up to Angel's Landing.
The shuttle bus. VERY efficient! I just wish more parks used this system.
Hidden Canyon- Steve and Chris's trip while Megan and I were hiking the Emerald Pools trail.























No comments:
Post a Comment